YOUNG-i Has Some Words About All the Chickenry Going Around

Posted in Uncategorized on 05/14/09

youngi

Whats good world, I wanna take this time out of my schedule to address this whole chicken extravaganza. I want to first state that me practicing the art of vegetarianism has nothing to do with the statements made in this post…

I myself, YOUNG-i, SOUTHSIDE-i, Ivan Hall, is very disappointed, discomfited and sadden by this recent outbreak of chicken surrounding the black community. I do understand that erybody is not as conscious as myself but it does not take a genius to overstand the delineation of this incident we find out self in.

Now this all started about a lil over a month ago with the whole Obama Fried Chicken carry out restaurant. From there we witnessed a bombarding of stories about chicken on the news and internet. Headlines like Popeye’s Runs Out Of Chicken: Single Mothers Outraged In Louisiana!

Seriously though? If you watch this story you can clearly read the thoughts that go through the head of the anchor as she tries to withhold her laughter and bigotry. To me she is just saying, “stupid fried chicken loving niggers.”

Then I was presented with another video Popeyes Chicken Refuses To Sell $4.99, with a secondary headline like “We Traveled 20 Miles Away. That’s Alright Well Go To KFC.” And then lastly, the dagger of them all the infamous Couple Robbed For Fried Chicken At Gunpoint In Florida! “You Know What Time It Is. Give It Up”. Do I even have to speak on that? Do you even have to watch that with a headline like that? Really, who robs people for chicken though!

AND FIRST OF ALL, WHEN DID FRIEND CHICKEN BECOME NEWS! Do you know how many stores run out of merchandise on a daily basis in America? How many times did you go to McDonald’s and they say “we ain’t got no ice cream today.” If you cannot look beyond the comedic laughter of these clips and see the bigger picture here then you are indeed irrecoverable. The stereotypical fried chicken and watermelon stamp that we face has been exploited extremely.

And after all of this I read about Oprah giving out free chicken coupons at KFC. I knew this thing would end ugly. Oprah, unfortunately being one of the major representatives for black people could only worsen or help this cause. And as we can all see…all she did is worsen things. So the coupons were given out over the internet and then what happens? The headline reads Oprah’s KFC free-for-all sparks civil rights era-style protest. Wonderful. Wonderful? For who? And the words civil rights era style protest? To compare a protest for chicken to the struggle people had to go through during the civil rights era is fucking ludicrous! Excuse my language.

So once again we are made a fool of on the national scale. And what is the defense of our people? Oh well, Obama likes chicken. PRICELESS! And then to top it all off i see no one arguing this thing. Comedians making jokes, mini skits are popping up over the internet; people like DJ Heat are video blogging. Though i found her video quite funny, especially the reference to the P. Diddy line off Victory (what we going do now) i still did not find this thing as funny as erybody else did. Maybe i’m doin too much…maybe i’m right…maybe i’ll get more hate for this…maybe i’ll spark a couple of minds. But next time somebody or some station wants to exploit black people in a negative light how about we stand and march for that. How about we stand/march and get a news slot for the deaths of people like Lil Lip from Condon Terrace. An unarmed 14 year old boy who was brutally murdered by the DCPD; how about we stand for the health in our black community; or how about we just stand for some type of unity.

I’m out….

Related Posts with Thumbnails

11 Comments to “YOUNG-i Has Some Words About All the Chickenry Going Around”

1. Torkaveli says:

i is speaking the real. The part that gets is the fact that a lot of us play right into these stereotypes and give the media exactly the fuel it needs to keep doing this.

2. me says:

how about this guy give us more music and lest bullshit i love popeyes

3. King Kan says:

I agree with some parts of this write up, but perhaps there are more blacksploitation innuendos strewn all across the media and the community, in general that may be taken outta proportion and used as tools for self promotion or just an avenue for perpetuating these sorts of ‘coincidental happenings’ but just to reiterate…it’s all relative and resorts to opinion…whomp whomp whomp.

twitter,com/kingkan

4. Rob says:

And yet you’re posting this on a site that has a huge picture of fried chicken across the banner…

5. LBMOB says:

I just cant picture a southeast without exploitation of chicken and watermelon

6. Nike Nando says:

I agree with Young-I. I think this shit is getting out of hand and the “Niggas” are just gonna look at it like, “Oh, he just talking that ol’ bullshit” when there is really a problem with this. Open your eyes folks…The system is against US.

7. Rather Unique says:

DOPE POST BUT FUCK A MARCH WE NEED A UPRISING…

8. clowN_Shoes says:

shit i know i love my wings fried hard with extra http://www.dcmumbosauce.com, this nigga talkin all foul(pun intended) but my beloved chicken, its chewed up grass and thats bullshit, a black ball that comes out of a cows ass SPLAT!!!!

9. We have our own identity and they don’t simple as that. Ppl tend make fun or exploit things they don’t understand in a negative way.

10. Lovely Letha says:

Ok….May I suggests without negative feedback that spell-check be used. It’s one thing that you want to speak on a subject that you feel has had a negative impact on the Black community, but to do so in a way that presents you as ignorant is wrong. People, we must state our facts and opinion, but the presentation is most important. The so called “fried chicken outbreak” that you speak on was presented in a manner which gained the response from consumers that the company sought. Now, why can’t the fact that it gained a greater response from the Black community only say that this certain group of people saw a deal and took advantage? Cool the controversy my man, IT’S CHICKEN!!

BLOGTALKRADIO.COM/LOVELYLETHA

You can change your comment avatar at Gravatar.com.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras non mattis elit. Donec fringilla, dui vel tincidunt molestie, quam velit rhoncus erat, id ultricies arcu magna in ipsum. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Suspendisse tincidunt fermentum tellus, a varius orci ultricies dapibus. Aenean et mauris at leo fringilla volutpat. Aenean sed dapibus sapien. Cras libero ante, imperdiet sed imperdiet ut, auctor sodales lacus. Phasellus quis urna ut eros accumsan placerat. In faucibus suscipit odio, cursus cursus turpis facilisis vel. Nunc sagittis hendrerit auctor.

Switch to our mobile site