- Nominees will be determined by an online voting system (40%) of the overall vote, a text-to-vote process (30%), and a DMV industry “power ballot” (30%). The top 7 nominees from each category’s will then are sent to a panel of 15 independent judges.
- Online Nomination Ballot: Go to www.2011dmvawards.com to nominate. Each vote will be collected into a database, configured to only allow one vote per email address. The system records the IP address of each user to prevent multiple voting from a single email address.
- Text to Vote: text the key word “DMV” (space) to 313131 then correspondent number BEST DC MALE RAP #4 codes, then the name of the group or artist you would like to vote for. example: TEXT “DMV” to 313131 #4 john smith
- DMV industry “power ballot”: These individuals are drawn from various media outlets and industry professionals, with an intimate knowledge of the local music landscape
We are confident that this system of voting should be the most compressive to date. The nomination deadline for the 2011 DMV MUSIC AWARDS is February 14, 2011.
- The winners are chosen by a panel of fifteen judges, consisting of reputable and experienced DMV Industry power players, representing different segments of the industry.
- CRITERIA FOR SELECTION: The selection committee will analyze each artist in each category and choose a winner based upon performance, products, and accomplishments achieved in the calendar year 2010. Winners will be based on concrete statistics, not industry politics.
- The panel will review the top seven (7) nominees in each category as determined by the nomination process.
- All nominees will receive full consideration to ensure that the most deserving nominee is chosen.
- The winner of each category will be determined by who received the most votes from the final judging panel.
- Members of the panel are required and expected to make unbiased and fair decisions. The acceptance of gifts is strictly prohibited. Panel members are urged to vote in a manner that preserves the integrity of the DMV MUSIC AWARDS.
While we want to make sure the voting process is fair, we will always want this to be an awards event where the people and fans are able to contribute and participate in the voting process. To ensure transparency, a list of the nominating panel representatives can be found here:
Winners will be presented with a DMV Music Award; however, all nominees will be presented with a letter of nomination and complimentary entry to the event.
We are confident that this system of voting should be the most comprehensive to date. The nomination deadline for the 2011 DMV MUSIC AWARDS is February 14, 2011.
DRE’ ALL DAY IN THE PAINT!